On Friday my 6th graders very kindly went on a field trip which meant that I had a free period during the royal wedding. I loved seeing Prince William and Prince Harry in their dress uniforms and waited in anticipation to see Kate's dress; and she did not disappoint. I remember watching Princess Diana get married when I was little. As a self-proclaimed "anglophile", lover of all things British, I couldn't wait to see London and the royal family in all their pageantry. Not to mention the amazing hats!
The event really reminded me, that at heart, I think most women still long to be a princess. I know this was a good reminder for me that I do still believe in fairy tales. I'm not overly romantic, and I don't usually love weddings, but this one really was a fairy tale ending for me.


No comments:
Post a Comment