Saturday, October 01, 2011

Birthday Blessings

This year for my birthday we started with a weekend celebration since my actual birthday feel during the week. We had about fifteen people over for a Mexican fiesta; since I can't go out and get good Mexican here, we have to make it at home!  We had a nice mix of new and returning folks.

That morning we had started the day with a trip to the medina, the ancient walled city where there is lots of shopping to be had.  We had a fun full day out in the city complete with taxi rides.

On Tuesday my 10th graders surprised me with a cake, three cakes actually.  They were very sweet.  That night I went out for sushi with my roommates and another friend.  We finished off the night with ice cream.  The stars were aligned, we found a parking spot right in front of the ice cream place!

I'm very thankful for the cards and emails/facebook posts from friends and family.  I feel very blessed. 

Here is a link to pictures from my birthday and some other fall events  http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150396499334853.419037.620259852&l=cfb8047ae8&type=1
  

No comments: