Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Personal Beach Day

Our new roommate Kamalee has been here since the first week of August and had not been to the beach yet.  We felt this was a travesty that needed to be fixed.  This Sunday we went to the beach.  We went early in the morning because that is when the waves are usually smaller.  It was a good surfing day, but not necessarily a good swimming day.  You can see below the crazy height of the waves.  We almost had to yell to have a conversation. 
The water was a little cold, but you quickly adjusted to the temperature.  While I'm not a fan of sand, I do love the smell of the ocean.   We chilled in our beach chairs and I caught up on some reading. Kamalee even got a little sun.  The temperature is still in the lower 80's here; it usually starts to cool down around now.  At night, we are in the upper 60's.

No comments: