Sunday, September 04, 2011

Year 14

Charla, Kate & I, in Ceuta, in front of the Rock of Gibraltar
(which is hidden by the cold cover)
My 14th year of teaching starts tomorrow. The trip to Ceuta was nice, but there were still lots of Moroccans, so not quite the total break we were hoping for.  I'll write more about Ceuta later; there are lots of stories! I was very glad to sleep in my own bed last night.    

Right now I'm thinking about the start of another school year.  I'll be teaching 10th grade history and 12th grade Capstone, which is a research course.  Some of the returning teachers are more nervous than they were last year because they now know exactly what to expect, versus our doe-eyed naivety last year.  I'm using the advantage of knowing what to expect to hopefully make it a better year by planning out my procedures and being more structured.  I'll post tomorrow and let you know how the first day goes!  Educational guru, Harry Wong, says the first day of school is the most important day of the year!

No comments: