He is: "extremly happy that my rudimentary Arabic functioned as a "do-not-go-to-Jail-or-pay-a-bribe" card yesterday!! The succinct version...Forgot to do the following: stop at a redlight, wear my helmet, have motorcycle papers, carry my ID card and proof of insurance. :( [By the way, everything he listed above are common things that all people on mopeds do not do.]
BUT I Remembered: to smile really big; be polite, and to say all the things I learned in Arabic so far...I have included the list below in case you run into the same problem some day...Enjoy! :D"
"hello (Salaam Aleikum) how are you? (La bes?), I didn't see it (Ana mashoof heda), I'm sorry (Smelli), I am a teacher and a good person! (Ana Usted w mezeann...), I can't go with you now (La, Ana mish monkin seer...), I have a friend who works for police do you want to talk to him? (Andee sabee police...breetish howa?), Please, I go now... No Problems? (Afek, Ana seer deba...Makainsh mushkila?)" and finally I said to Simo, "Thanks, you are a good person, America and Morocco are friends (Chokran, Amereeka w Magreeb sabee b'zef!!)" As I drove away I remembered how to say: "I love you!" So I did and he smiled! :)"

No comments:
Post a Comment