Friday, September 23, 2011

Beach Day

I feel remiss that I haven't posted in over a week, but life has just been crazy busy.  I have been putting a lot of hours in at school as I try to catch up on grading and start to plan for missing school for seven days when I'm in America.  Since I'm teaching Capstone for the seniors I feel like I'm an English teacher with the number of essays that I have to read.  Reading their papers are sometimes just brutal as I muddle through the grammar; the occasional brilliant writing usually brings me out of the murk.  

Last Friday we had our school Beach Day.  All the high school goes to the beach for a day of bonding.  They hang out, play games, swim and surf.  I love that we can still go to the beach into September and October.  The weather was nice, it was in the low 80's with not a cloud in the sky.  I spent more time with my sophomore girls, they really are a sweet bunch of girls, and very entertaining.  Not many of the girls went swimming and were amazed that I actually went swimming. 


Below is a picture of our senior class, they are quite the group, FULL of personality. 

No comments: