I started this blog while I was sitting in the airport last Thursday, but the internet went down, so I never got to complete the entry. Here is what I was saying...
I'm sitting in the airport waiting for my first flight to start my journey back to Casablanca. It's been an enjoyable, yet tiring week. We have this entire week off due to an Islamic holiday at the beginning of the week and an international teacher conference at the end of the week. I chose not to attend the international conference because I have a MUN conference. I get back to Casa on Thursday evening and leave Friday afternoon for Rabat, an hour north for the Moroccan Model United Nations conference that last until Sunday evening. We are taking 25 students to the conference, our largest group yet.
We left on Saturday and flew to Vienna, Austria, and then trained to Budapest, Hungary. They are only three hours apart by train, it was too close to pass up the chance of not seeing both cities. We spent 2 nights in Budapest, then trained back to Vienna. There we stayed for three nights; now I'm heading back home and my roommates are on their way to Salzburg, Austria (home of the Sound of Music) for two days.
We went from Western Europe (Hungary) to Western Europe (Austria), across the former Iron Curtain. Just a few highlights from the trip...
 |
| A section of the Berlin Wall |
 |
| Night boat ride along the Danube |
 |
| Christmas drinks at Starbucks |
 |
| 4 Euro Opera Tickets |
Links to my photos on facebook:
Vienna Photos &
Budapest Pictures
No comments:
Post a Comment