Morocco Mall officially opens today; half of my students are flooding the mall as I write this. This mega mall is the largest mall in Africa. It has already been ranked as one of the top five malls in the world. They are hoping that it will be a tourist destination. I know it will be a destination for many of our teachers as we look for those little tastes of home like Starbucks and Burger King. While the mall officially opens today, there were VIP passes given over the weekend. Amanda got one from one of her students and she kindly invited me to go with her. The million liter aquarium with an elevator running through the middle, is especially impressive. While I, and the majority of Moroccans, can not afford to shop in a large number of the shops, it is a very impressive place just to walk around. There is a book store with legitimate movies, forty places to eat, with a food court that looks out over the ocean, and Africa's first IMAX theater.


No comments:
Post a Comment