
So here is our tree! Christmas is fast approaching! Hard to believe. The Turks celebrate the New Year pretty much the way we do Christmas with a tree and presents.
The holiday season is very busy here too. This week we have the middle school and high school Christmas party on Friday. Saturday is the faculty fellowship, where our Secret Santas will be revealed! Next Wednesday we have the Winter Recital.
On Christmas we are having brunch at my apartment and then we will have service. That evening I plan to go to the Turkish service as well. We'll see how much I'm learning from my lessons! I did understand some of the conversation last night at my neighbors. We took over some Christmas cookies and meet one of our neighbors. We are attempting to go meet another one tonight. It's never a short visit. Turks invite you in for tea and conversation.
I'm in desperate need of a snow day! Only two more weeks before Christmas vacation!

No comments:
Post a Comment