Friday, May 16, 2008

More Fun Videos

Well now that I figured out uploading videos is so easy, look out! Here are two more songs that were written during the trip. As you can tell, Daniel is quite the composer. The first video was written in response to my mental breakdown on the bus. Let me set the scene: I had been sitting in the front of the bus for the majority of the trip. It was louder in the back, I figured I should be in the front because I was in charge, and I tend to get motion sickness. On the way home I tried to sleep to no avail. I played the name game with some students. By the time we got to L though, we were tired of playing. So Beth and some students decided to read The Hobbit out loud. I don't particularly like to be read to, and my MP3 player couldn't really drown out the noise, so I moved to the back.

In the back I managed to send 3o text messages to Jenna who was sitting at home. Text messaging is free after the first 5 messages until midnight with any Turkcell customer. This is a campaign that they often run. Just as I thought, the kids in the back were loud and annoying (well you know teenagers), but I had my MP3 player, so life was good. Then the unthinkable happened, my MP3 player froze. There was still 3 more hours left in the trip! My MP3 player has done this before and there is no way to fix it, you just have to wait for the battery to die. I tried everything. I went through all the stages, just like death. I was in denial, then the anger came, followed by the tears and crying out, then the acceptance. Meanwhile Daniel and Linnea wrote me this song, "We can be your music."

As you read in the previous blog, the desire to go to the bathroom was great and frequent. At our last stop, we had to pay to use the bathroom. This is a very common practice throughout Turkey; throughout Europe as a matter of fact. But it did inspire Daniel to write this song, "Free to Pee."

As an addendum, I would like to mention, through prayer and laying on of hands, my MP3 miraculously turned back on. It was a miracle! One that I enjoyed for the remainder of the trip.

No comments: