Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day

Today was the first day of school. It was the usual long tiring first day. My planning is 7th period, so I think it felt a little longer than usual, 6th periods of non-stop talking in a row. That's even a little much for me. :)

We started the day with an assembly and our annual walk around the school. Here Mr. Campbell passes the new OASIS flag to a senior who leads us around the school. Caleb got that honor today. I'm very pleased to have the seniors as my homeroom. They are my class. They've been my special class since I had them as 9th graders. It's hard to believe they are seniors!

We have 210 students enrolled. That is the most we have ever had. We had 70 new students today, that was more than the first year's enrollment. We have 36 countries represented this year, about 20 in the secondary. I'm teaching 7th - 12th grade this year. Most of my classes are about 18 students or more.

As always, this year will be a lot of work. My new class this year is Sociology. I should be working on my lecture notes for tomorrow instead of updating my blog, but why not procrastinate?!

No comments: