I can't even begin to tell you how hot it is here, well I'll try at least to tell you. It's been in the upper 90's all week. The problem is there never really is any relief. Our house never gets cooler than 78/79 degrees. The only place there is air conditioning is at the grocery store and the mall. Church on Sunday was like a sauna. I guess it could be used as an object lesson, "think this is hot? try hell." It usually isn't this hot here this late in August. I'm praying for some relief soon.
We've been taking cold showers since Saturday. I tried to get someone to come look at our kombi (water heater) last week, but the answer I basically got was unless it is actually broke, there is no point in coming to look at it. There is no real concept of maintenance and preemptive work. So it broke on Saturday, as was expected.
I bet you're thinking, in this heat, a cold shower sounds pretty nice. In theory yes. Most people do not actually take cold showers, they take lukewarm showers. My shower is more like a camping really cold shower. Doesn't exactly get you in the mood to go to work with a joyous attitude! A broken water heater seems to be my Achilles heel in Turkey. I have had problems every year that I have been in Turkey. The good news is I'm used to taking cold showers at this point, and I'm really fast. I have it down to a science.

1 comment:
just an update, my hot water has returned! we have a working water heater now. yay!
Post a Comment