
We had a three day holiday in the middle of the week, but decided it was great chance to get out of Ankara. We rented a car, we got a great deal. They were running a special. We could have the car for three days for 300 lira or for five days for 275 lira. Hard decision right?! What was really cool was we didn't have to return the car till Saturday, so we got to go to the mall and took advantage of having a car. We went to the grocery store, drove people to their houses, etc. I really miss having a car!

The Black Sea was gorgeous. I also miss being near water. I can't even think of a river that is close to Ankara, there is a lake two hours away. Jenna & I had never traveled with Jalah and Ruth either, so that was fun getting to know them better. It was a very relaxing trip. This was my second trip to Amasra. Driving up the coast is crazy. The road is so curvy, but I was happy just to be able to drive. We stayed in a pension that was like a little apartment so we had a full kitchen and sitting area. I think that contributed to the relaxing feel of the trip. Turkey is a country very rich in beauty.

(Wish I could take credit, but this great photography goes to Jenna!)
Here's a little video, I wanted to involve you in our boat ride on the Black Sea. Amasra is a little peninsula that juts out from the coast. For about $3 we took a 45 minute boat ride along the coast.
Black Sea photo albums:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=61338&l=db7f4&id=620259852
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=61353&l=dd514&id=620259852
No comments:
Post a Comment