Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bowling Buddies

Early this week we celebrated Jalah & Lauren's birthdays. We headed to the mall to eat and then to go bowling. I find it amusing that the two times I've been bowling in Turkey have both been for birthday celebrations. Everything at the bowling alley is imported from America. The shoes and the balls are all in America sizes. We were even jammin' to American music; though of course our band of misfits were the only Americans there (also two Canadians and an Iranian in our group).

I started out strong. Two strikes in a row! I couldn't believe it. Those games I played this summer must have really helped. Towards the end of the game I began to lose the momentum. Barry compared me to my beloved Cubs. (Which I'm so sad to report that I still haven't seen a World Series win in my life time. It would have been 100 years, seemed the perfect time! I'm still sad.) However, I can report that I "brought it" when it counted, and got a spare and strike on the last frames, so I came in first. It was a really fun night with some great friends. I posted more pictures if you are interested in a birthday celebrations album on facebook. Here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=58481&l=a0dcf&id=620259852

1 comment:

hana said...

hey, three strikes - good job! thata girl!