Tuesday, October 07, 2008

More Birthday Info

In case you were wondering, this is how I actually spent my birthday. It was a three day celebration, starting on Friday. Friday after school I was invited to one of my 7th graders birthday parties. His birthday is the same as mine. I was happy to go, I really like this 7th grade class, especially the boys. The are noisy and rowdy, just my type! We did a little karaoke. It was fun, then they watched a movie, Mystery Men. What else would you expect from 7th grade boys!

I left from Josh's party to my own at my house. We had the Lawrence's and the Park's over for dinner (Liz you were missed!). They are some of my favorite people. It is always entertaining if Seth & Eric are around. Hannah-Lee & Rachel are amazing cooks. We had a four-course meal. Rachel made her delicious peach soup. We then had salad, cheese-burger casserole, Hannah-Lee's awesome potatoes and I made suicide cake for desert. Then we just laughed and talked for a long time. We played Apples to Apples, and opened presents. An ideal birthday!


On Saturday, my actual birthday, Jenna & I went shopping in Ulus, my favorite part of Ankara. I got a new pashmina and earrings (thanks Donna, Mike, Jessica, Grandma & Papa!) We then went to the mall to have Mexican (at least the Turkish version of Mexican). Several of the seniors meet us for lunch. I even got a doughnut with sparklers for my birthday cake. Nothing like foreigners singing "Happy Birthday" in a mall to draw attention! We came back to the house and the kids stayed to watch a movie. I got several birthday phone calls, thanks! Then we heading to the Lundy's for our family dinner. As previously mentioned, Jen is a great cook. We had ginger chicken. Yummy!
On Sunday, several of the single girls had me over for lunch after church. It was a fun time of fellowship with some good friends.
I posted pictures on facebook, remember you don't have to be a member to look at them. Here is the link http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=60490&l=b5ff8&id=620259852

1 comment:

hana said...

hey, i missed the tradition of celebrating your birthday....sadness. but i am glad that you were able to receive many blessings from those around who love you.

i liked the list! although no one mentioned your talent of being able to "connect these two actors" trivia game, or did they mention your authenticity, frankness, honesty....

i did like the "older....better...political....vote" one. i wonder who said it.

thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^^