Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Missing My Other Home...

I miss my kids. I miss hugging Benjamin in the hall. I miss laughing with Hana and sharing break time snacks with Adam. I miss Caleb arguing with me over the simplest comment. I miss hearing Becca no matter where I was in the school. I miss eating lunch with the kids. I miss sharing my leftovers with them. I miss saying “ring, ring” when the bells aren’t working. I miss Korean children bowing to me, and the fact that I now bow back. I miss the way they could always make me smile. I miss the way they listened to me while I lectured and the insightful questions they asked.

I miss cooking in the kitchen with Jenna. I miss arguing about politics with Troy while I make copies. I miss plopping down in Eric’s office when I’m super frustrated about whatever. I miss having dinner with Beth & the Lundy’s every week. I miss Tuesdays at Mantı Evi. I miss Sunday lunches with Lauren & Brenda.

I miss saying "kolay gelsin" to perfect strangers. I miss being able to get away with things because I'm a foreigner. I miss having tea even when it's insanely hot outside.

I miss so much more, but I’ll stop with this small list.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YES!

It's about time you wrote this. GO WITH IT. Keep it comin'! :)

Sara Campbell said...

And we miss you.

Bteacher99 said...

The electricity (and water) went out on Thursday morning, not too long after the tardy bell. I got to do your "ring, ring" task until the end-of-lunch bell when the juice finally began to flow.
Of course, I'll be glad to give up that job :)