Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Greek for a Day

This weekend I went to the Greek festival in Roanoke. The tag line on the souvenir cup was "Greek for a day." I always find it fascinating how much the Greeks and Turks have in common. They really are just brothers or at least cousins who hate each other. Their foods are very similar, just the Greeks use pork. We even had baklava for desert, though I brought mine home and had it with Turkish tea.

I got an order of Pastitio, which is kinda like a Greek lasagna. My piece was huge, people keep looking at it and making comments. It was really good. Of all the places I've ever been, Greece was my favorite. It was such a beautiful country, rich in history, wonderful people and wonderful food. I think it's a lot like Turkey except they have pork and churches.

I had a fun time at the festival. It's nice that we have those kinds of things in this area.

No comments: