This past week I had my first sub job. It was great to be back in the classroom. I walked into my old school; it was a total déjà vu moment. I finished checking in and turned to go to my old classroom and then realized I was going the wrong way.
I got to sub for a civics and history class, meaning I actually did some real teaching. It was definitely different from Oasis, but I quickly got back in the swing of things. They talk a lot more than I remembered, but of course I’m sure that was because I was a substitute. It was also really nice to get to be next door to Kristina all day and see loads of people I used to work with.
I was really tired by the end of the day, the result of talking all day (I’m out of practice). I really miss teaching. I’ve known that for awhile, and this week just reiterated the fact. I love to teach. I love making lesson plans, and I don’t even mind grading papers when I’m not overwhelmed. I love lecturing. I enjoy eating lunch with my students. Teaching is my calling. It’s really hard to not be doing what you love. I know God has called me for this time of rest and I’ll just enjoy the time I get to sub and remind myself to enjoy not having to do all the things I don’t like about teaching.

No comments:
Post a Comment