About Me
- Crystal DeLong
- Virginia, United States
- the musings of a TCA (third culture adult) who has fallen in love with international teaching; this Virginia girl has been to Turkey and back again, read more to follow my travels around the globe...
Tuesday, September 01, 2009
I'm NOT old...
Today in the mail I got an invitation to visit a retirement home. At first glance, maybe I was being invited to check out a future home for my parents, though they are a more than a few years away from needing a place. That might make sense except this is the fourth thing I have received in the mail regarding retirement! I got an offer to join AARP. My personal favorite was a discount coupon for one of those little scooters for the elderly. Seriously?! I was only out of the country for four years, and while I agree living overseas ages you, I was thinking Turkey aged me ten years, not forty years!
3 comments:
Hey C-at least it wasn't handed to you as you walked thru a mall or something!!! If you got in the mail, they are just making some nasty assumptions.
Hey Crystal! I love your new blog and promise to visit you here often so...keep writing! Wendy
As long as McDonald's doesn't start offering you senior discounts, you are probably safe!
Post a Comment