Saturday, October 02, 2010

It's all in God's timing

Last night we had dinner with several fun people from our building, it was a refreshing and fun experience.  One of the couples worked in Portugal, in the same city as other dear friends of mine.  I was able to talk about my favorite places I remember from my trip to Portugal.

This same couple here also interviewed with my former director for a job at my school in Turkey.  She asked me to tell her about Turkey to know what she missed out on.  I'm always happy to talk about Turkey especially when I get an open invitation!  I told her about the awesome people I worked with and how I could have seen them getting along well in the community.

Then, in the midst of chatting I started putting two and two together.  Her husband was interviewing for the history position, the same year I interviewed.  Matter of fact, he interviewed only weeks before I interviewed for the exact same position.  I told him later at dinner that I was really glad that he turned down that job in Turkey, because if he hadn't I would not have gone to Turkey.  And isn't it neat that God brought us here together now?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Portugal! Do you think I would know them? Love you

Crystal DeLong said...

No, I asked them, they didn't know you. It's the Greggs.