This past Thursday I was finally able to go have tea with one of my parents. She asked Jenny and me before I went to the Netherlands, and our schedules finally coordinated this week. I've struck up a semi-acquaintance with this mother, I teach both of her children. Jenny teaches her youngest and since we are roommates, she invited both of us to come to her home for tea. I was not really sure what to expect; most of our students come from very wealthy families. Their house was beautiful. We were invited for tea, but true to Moroccan hospitality we were provided with an abundance of food.
First we were served these fresh squeezed juices that were delicious, along with Moroccan cookies. There were also two types of cake, mini chocolate crepes, a sushi type roll, fried thai rolls, and mini pizza bites. We also had traditional mint tea. Of course we had to try everything. Their maid helped serve the food. Our student Fatine helped translate when we needed help. Her mother speaks very good English, and usually between her English and my tiny amount of French we understand each other. I really like Oumaima and I'm looking forward to spending more time with her. Jenny & I both really enjoyed our first visit to a Moroccan home.



No comments:
Post a Comment