Very rarely do I get to drive alone here in Morocco. In America when I needed to think, I often used to go for a drive. I drive a lot in America, I spent most of my time this year driving from Bedford to the Lake or to Roanoke; that is a lot of quality time in a car. Sometimes it is too much time, like when I had 16 hours of driving back from Florida, I started to over think everything. Tonight though it was good driving reflection time.
I was thinking as I was driving to pick up friends from the airport how amazing it is that just the week I have suddenly felt like this place is home. No it is not perfect, and yes I could think of a dozen places I might rather be, but this has become home. I was just sitting with several of my new friends at a birthday party this week and just had this overwhelming feeling that these people are my friends, and this finally feels like home. I think mostly it is due to the incredible sense of community that I feel with the people I am living with on campus. There is a definite community feel to our housing situation. Sometimes it feels like dorm-life, but it's great to run to the store with people or go to their house for dinner, chat over laundry or go play games. It's been real blessing in the midst of other trying times.
This weekend was supposed to be relaxing and fun as Jenny and I were one of the very few who did not go out of town for the extended weekend. Instead we wound up smack dab in the middle of a grand Moroccan adventure, which I will post about later. Even in the midst of that, or should I say, despite the drama and difficulty of that situation, there has been grace and a peace, even though the situation remains unsolved.

1 comment:
THIS is what I was waiting for... :) Yay! You're kind of "home."
Post a Comment