[You can read more about last year's Turkey Thanksgiving here: http://cgdelong.blogspot.com/2009/12/thanksgiving.html]
The food was amazing! I made several things, the best being my aunt's amazing macaroni and cheese. We were able to get real cheddar at our local grocery store. It was pretty pricey, but we decided a special occasion calls for a special treat. My roommates brought me dried cranberries and jello from London so I was able to make a cranberry salad. I got real American mustard from Italy which made the perfect deviled eggs. Linda gave me some fried onions to complete the essential holiday green-bean casserole. We had two turkeys as well as lots of great pies. I made a pumpkin roll that was a big hit. One of the highlights of Thanksgiving was being able to see and talk to my family during their Thanksgiving dinner. Thanks to the internet, skype, and webcams, I was able to connect with my family. Seeing everyone really makes me feel closer to home.
Here I am with one of my new friends, Chandel. She's a riot! I'm so thankful for all the wonderful new friends that God has sent my way. The community here is so great; I am so thankful to be living on campus. And below is a picture of my side of the table during dinner. You can see all my fall pictures, including Thanksgiving Day photos with some flag football at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=301167&id=620259852&l=4de98d84f0




No comments:
Post a Comment