Last night I made cornbread from scratch. And it tasted great! I was determined to make cornbread to go with the chili I was making. I looked up several reciepes on line and found out I could get the items here. Then I remembered that we have the "red cookbook". It's the "I need help cooking in Turkey" cookbook. So I used those directions to make cornbread that tastes just like Jiffy cornbread mix. Everyone was very envious of my lunch today! My grandmother would be proud of the number of things I have made from scratch since I've been here. My fried chicken tenders were a big sensation as well. Because of the lack of perservatives in this country, prepared food is basically non-exsistent. Beth calls it "getting in touch with her 1950s self."
I added some pictures online of our faculty fellowship. As well as a trip I had to Ulus with Abby, Tammy, Hannah-Lee and two new Turkish friends. They spoke very little English. They live outside of Ankara, about one hour away where King Midas is buried. They meet Abby about one year ago. They invited me to tag along since they new I wanted to go to the castle in Ulus. (We got rained out on my birthday.) We had a good time. I'm looking forward to going later this fall to visit their home.

No comments:
Post a Comment