Sunday, April 26, 2009

K Visits Turkey

One of my best friends, Kristina, came to visit me in Turkey recently. She arrived on Easter Sunday and was here for a week. We were able to spend the first part of the week, then I was able to travel with her to Istanbul. We had a great time. It was the week of the tulip festival, so there were tulips galore in Istanbul.

I really enjoyed sharing part of my life with her. Her visit also confirmed some of my fears about returning to America, especially teaching. American classrooms are so different from what I have been dealing with here for the past four years.

Kristina really liked the food, but like most people was a little overwhelmed by Istanbul. The "tenacity" of the sellers who talk to you in English, and some men who even follow you on the street, is very off-putting. It is a good reminder that all of Turkey is not like Istanbul.

(Feel free to share your version K!) Also here is a link to a small selection of my pics on facebook, I took over 200 pictures! (Mostly of tulips I think!) http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=104086&id=620259852&l=b801365e28

1 comment:

Kristina Karnes said...

Don't let MY frustration with teaching in the U.S. make you nervous. You're a great teacher, no matter which country. :)

What a great trip! Happy to be part of your blog...