Sunday, June 07, 2009

The Goodbye Process

What have I been doing lately? Well, I've been saying goodbye. I'm in the process of leaving Turkey and that means saying goodbye to lots of people in the midst of trying to grade papers and pack. Craziness! This past weekend we had our annual staff banquet. I think Troy best summed it up, “It isn’t so much that co-workers are leaving, or that friends are leaving; it’s family that is leaving.”

I've been having lots of dates lately. On Friday I went shopping and to dinner with Becca. Saturday was the staff banquet. Adam & I went to the movies and dinner on Sunday. Monday night I went out with Beth. On Tuesday I went to a junior/senior High School Musical party. (Yes it was my idea, but HSM3 is titled "Senior Year!") Wednesday was set aside for Jenna & tonight we are having Lauren over. Friday we have the Senior Luau Party. Saturday I'm going to tackle taking my room apart. I'm still hoping for three suitcases, but it's looking more and more like four. Sunday we are having an open house "end of year" party (Jenna won't let me call it a goodbye party). Whew. I told my mom that I was going to sleep for the entire first week I get back to America!

No comments: