The Lundy's have been my family while I have been in Turkey. When I arrived in Turkey Beth told me that she had dinner every week with the Lundy's and they watched Stargate. As a total sci-fi fan, thanks to my Dad, I was totally up for joining in this venture. I quickly became friends with Jen and Troy and I argued and discussed politics like family. I became an aunt to their children. Jenna moved in with Beth and I, and our family grew.
For the last four years almost every week, either we have gone to the Lundy's or they have come to our apartment. We have laughed, we have cried. They are some of the first people I want to tell things to. It will be different for us all next year, Katie is going to college, Jenna & Beth live with different people.
It is amazing how God knows exactly what we need (even if we don't know what that is) and provides it. I'm thankful for the many blessings that I have had during my time in Turkey.

No comments:
Post a Comment