
This past weekend I went to Cappadocia. This was my last trip to Cappadocia for the foreseeable future, therefore it was a little bittersweet. I've made a list with Jenna of all the things I want to do in Turkey before I leave, and going to Cappadocia was one of the items on the list. We went with some of our closest friends here. The first time Jenna and I went to Cappadocia together, it was with the Lawrences. We rented a van so we could all ride together. Brian, who drove us often in the past, was sorely missed, him and his family are back in America. Needless to say, we have a great time just relaxing and being in Cappadocia. It has rained so much this year that everything was green, very unusual for this part of Turkey. Jenna & I were also tourists and rode a camel. He was cute! Here is link to pictures from this weekend:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=113458&id=620259852&l=384de17c23
One thing Jenna & I had wanted to do was to ride in a hot air balloon together. This is a popular activity in the Cappadocia region. We knew this was the kind of thing you only do once in your life, so Cappadocia seemed like the best place. It was amazing. We took loads of pictures. The ride was very smooth. I was a little overwhelmed at the height, we went over 250 meters above the ground! The pictures really don't do justice to the experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment