Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Windy City

I love Chicago. When I think about permanently live back in the US, Chicago is one of the big cities that makes my list. I think I'd have a hard time with the winters, but apparently the summers make up for it. I know I would really miss the mountains, when we flew back into Charlotte I got so excited just seeing the mountains. Maybe I'll design my own perfect place to live!

Kristina went with me to Chicago to visit my cousins. Kristina had never been to Chicago and she's a good traveling buddy. As you read in a previous post we went to a Cubs game the first day. We toured the city on Friday. The architectural boat cruise is a great way to see the city. Another highlight was meeting two of my students from Turkey for lunch after the riverboat cruise. That was a lot of fun to catch up with them. Saturday we tried to go to the Sears Tower (now the Willis Tower) but the storm on Friday had caused a little damage prevented tourists going to the top. We met the family at Millennium Park and had a great time.

I also had loads of fun playing with my little cousins. Kaitlyn is 4 and Emma is 1. It took Emma a few days, but by the end, she finally warmed up to me. There are lots of great pictures of the kids on facebook http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=222227&id=620259852&l=792cb42745

No comments: