One of my favorite things about Turkey was the tea, so I was excited to try tea here in Morocco. Morocco is famous for it's mint tea, which is made with green tea and mint. For Christmas, one of my roommates got me a Moroccan tea set. While Turkish tea requires a double-boiler type of tea pot, Moroccans use a single tea pot.Here I have all the necessary ingredients: mint, lots of sugar, and gunpowder/bullet tea. The gunpowder tea looks like little bullets, and when they are in the water they unravel into normal tea leaves. You first put in the tea with hot water, rinse the tea, then add the mint, topped with sugar. Finally you pour the water over it all and then bring it back to a boil. The longer you let it seep, the stronger the mint gets. It's a rather refreshing drink.
| Here you can see the gunpowder tea, and then what they look like after they have been soaked in water. |
I was very excited that my first pot came out so well. Courtney doesn't even like mint tea that much and she really liked it. I still have to work on my technique though, I tried to make a pot tonight, but I didn't clean the mint well enough and I basically had dirt tea. You live and learn! I ended up making Turkish tea, I brought a tea pot back from Turkey and I'm loving having the option of Turkish tea or Moroccan tea.

No comments:
Post a Comment