Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dressing Like a Local

About a month ago I went shopping for the material necessary to make a jalabah, a traditional Moroccan dress. These are worn by men and women alike. Men wear jalabahs that are usually solid colors, typically in black or brown.  Women however go all out on their jalabahs, they come in every color and styles change with the seasons.  My friend who took me shopping told me that I had picked a color that was very in right now, matter of fact I have seen a couple of women wearing "my jalabah".  [The store of getting the material for the jalabah is here: http://cgdelong.blogspot.com/2011/02/jalabah-shopping_12.html]

Last week I took my material, ribbon and buttons to the tailor. She didn't speak any English, but she knew it was jalabah material and one week later here is the final product, complete with Moroccan slippers that I got in Fes...

No comments: