This past weekend myself and three others went away for the weekend. With a day off from school on Friday and Easyjet running a special, Madrid was the perfect weekend getaway. I feel really blessed to live so close to Europe. I think that has been one of God's little ways of taking care of us here. It can feel very oppressive here at times, dealing with the culture and just the challenges I face every day at school.
As soon as we stepped off the plane in Spain we could almost feel the difference between Europe and North Africa; we were almost giddy and practically skipping down the jet-way. While our time in Spain mostly consisted of eating and shopping, it was still incredibly relaxing. I appreciated being somewhere where I did not stick out, people didn't stare at me, my dress was considered modest and men and women were treated as equals. It is hard to describe, but while I was of course careful of my purse and belongings, I did not feel as guarded, I felt less tense than I do in a typical outing in Casablanca.
I am very thankful for these little breaks that help to refresh my spirit in order to press on towards the summer.

No comments:
Post a Comment