The kombi repairman came three times on Monday trying to fix the kombi. The first time, it wasn’t working obviously and they cleaned it, banged it, and seemingly fixed it. I was a good host, gave them tea, did all the little things expected of me. I even understood most of the conversation. Then it went out again, so he came back. More banging, but it was working. Thirty minutes later it went out again. So he returned. This time he drained all of our radiators. Apparently there was a build up, as you can see from this picture, it was drained in to the bathroom. Of course this had to be cleaned after he left.
I would like to report it’s still not working totally. It worked all day yesterday, and then went out this morning around 3:00 am. We couldn't get it relit until we left for school. I'm in anticipation of whether it will be working when I get home. They haven’t put in any new parts. I have gotten the impression that just because I’m a woman, I don’t know what I’m talking about. Serdar did tell me if it doesn’t work, we will call another repairman. And we have not paid the first guy, his payment is contingent upon the kombi actually working. It’s another thing I get to add to my fun Turkish adventure. Jenna of course had to take a picture as I cleaned the gross mess from the radiator in the bathroom.
The hardest part has been going from a cold home to a cold school. I just thought I would share this picture with you. This is how I taught my classes today: with gloves, a shawl and leg warmers. Yes leg warmers are more than an 80’s fashion statement. I have found leggings and leg warmers very handy for keeping me warm!

2 comments:
Good grief! That's pretty ghetto, Crystal... Haha.
Make you feel like you're earning your stripes? :)
Hope you get WARM, soon.
They did turn the heat up at school finally. Didn't need my gloves Friday!
Post a Comment