Sunday, February 17, 2008

Snow...Finally!

We finally got some snow today. It started snowing last night. Apparently it snowed through most of the night. When we woke up this morning there were at least two to three inches on the ground. I can happily report that it's been snowing all morning. I think this is our best chance for a snow day. The plow guys came through about an hour ago. They don't use any salt, and they don't really scrap the ground very well.

It's been a realxing weeeknd for the the most part. Beth & I went to Kizilay yesterday, downtown, to pick up pictures from the dance. We had fun walking, or should I say slipping, in the light snow yesterday morning. Last night Wendy & Ben came over to play Settlers and then we played Shout It movies. Apparently we were a little loud! But it was lots of fun.
I liked this picture of the men from the next building who were digging out their car. Even in the midst of snow, they still stop to great each other. The relational aspect is one of my favorite parts of this culture.

No comments: