Thursday, February 07, 2008

Recently...

Life has been full of ups and downs lately. One of my recent joys was enjoying some Girl Scout Cookies. They sold them at the base and one of our Brownies brought the leftovers to church, I grabbed the last box of Thin Mints. It had been way too long. I remember of all the things I ever had to sell when I was young, Girl Scout cookies were the one thing that sold themselves.

I've been feeling very anti-people lately which is why I've been neglecting my blog and have not been answering e-mails regularly. I think it is the weather. It has been cold for a very long time in Ankara. Jenna shared some good passages from Psalms this week at devotions. She commented how we often get down during the long months of January and February because of the weather. The snow finally started to melt this week, but there is promise of more next week.


Another fun time that I had recently was hosting the high school boys at our apartment. We only have 16 boys in the high school. We have 9 come to the house for dinner and movie. I had selected three movies that I thought covered all interests for guys. Little did I know how much they like musicals. Ben (pictured on the left) is in the Turkish-American Association's production of "High School Musical." He gave us a dance preview after much encouragement, it was VERY entertaining. Several of the boys had seen the movie, several had not, but there were lots of votes for High School Musical. Two boys look terrified that they might be made to watch High School Musical, so we opted for Timeline, which everyone really liked. The guys at our school bring lots of laughter into my life. They are great.

And just for fun...here's a something to try. This made me smile too!
83

4 comments:

Bteacher99 said...

I guess I need to practice...or pick countries with shorter names! I only made 65, and that was my first and only attempt to this point.

Crystal DeLong said...

Well Brenda, I'll be honest this was my second try, but the first time I wasn't prepared for the spelling. There were a lot of countries I had to spell multiple times.

Natalie said...

ok...can i just say i love that picture! so funny. those are two of my favorite high school guys for sure. and well lauren...she's cool too!

Crystal DeLong said...

i agree, lauren in really cool!