Saturday, February 23, 2008

Dress Down Day, 80's Style

We are always trying to figure out ways to raise money for Model United Nations. One of the easiest things has been dress down days. Our dress code is business casual, so for just 1 lira, students can wear jeans. Occasionally we pick a theme for these dress down days. You've seen pictures from past years of this day before, the ever popular come as your favorite movie or book character. Well pick your favorite 80's movie, and I'm from it. I told the kids "13 Going on 30" because I knew it was the only movie with an 80's character they would be familiar with. Everyone loved the outfit. One of the teachers told me, "I can't help but smile every time I see you." So I just had to share this picture with you. I have to admit it took me awhile to get the bangs just right. I did it everyday for 7 years, but my hair just doesn't naturally go that way anymore. It was lots of fun though. The Turks found me especially entertaining. Serdar just laughed everytime I walked past him. My favorite response of the day was, "You're me in high school!."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of your attempt at "The Bangs," once again :)

Hair's not made to go that way, so maybe that's why it was hard...

Cute!

Natalie said...

i am going right now to find a picture of me in high school to put on my blog. my hair looked exactly the same. exactly!