
Last night was our Winter Ball. The theme was "Winter Wonderland." The atrium/dance floor was made to look like an ice-skating rink and the canteen was a ski lodge. The dance was a little different this year. We had a younger crowd. The high school is smaller this year, and most of the student body is in the 8th and 9th grades. We decided to have a wider mix of music this year. We still had the waltzes and some swing, but we also included more pop music. It seemed more appropriate for the younger crowd. There was a lot of dancing and several people commented that this seemed to be the most fun the students had had at a dance. It was very entertaining; I know I had a lot of fun. The younger guys made a point of dancing with all the girls. I love to see that! And when the fast songs came on they did the silly things. We had two lines, one of guys, one of girls and we mimicked each other. We made a big circle and people got to show off their dance moves. Overall it was a very fun night. I have loads of pictures. You can click on this link to facebook and view the different albums.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=29100&l=bdff1&id=620259852http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=29101&l=bfc81&id=620259852
No comments:
Post a Comment