Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Friends Have Talent

I just have to take a few minutes to brag on my friends. I met Kristina when she started teaching at SRMS, and thanks to a Kenny Chesney concert and a very long car ride, we've been friends ever since. She was recently published in the Virginia Education Journal. I love that her wit comes across in her writing. I also love that she turned a parent complaint into a very entertaining opinion piece. Be sure to read her article. You can find it at this link: http://www.veanea.org/vea-journal/0902/February2009-OnPoint.html

My roommate Jenna has been teaching clogging to our elementary students for several months now. I was very disappointed when she wouldn't let me join the club. I told her she needs to start an adult club. I always wanted to dance when I was young, but never had the opportunity. So check out this video of Jenna. (Of course this isn't nearly as entertaining as the video I saw at her house this summer in full costume at a competition.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww... :) Thanks for the kudos on that little essay.

Glad to see it's made it "international."