Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Great Weekend

I had a great weekend. Ben drove up from Florida and spent the week with us. On Saturday we did Habitat for Humanity. We chalked lines then nailed shingles on the roof. I didn't realize how out of shape I was until I walked up the stairs the next day. All that squatting on the roof was great exercise.




On Sunday we went for a drive to see the fall leaves. We drove along the Blue Ridge Parkway. I live near the base of the Peaks of Otter. I'm surrounded by mountains here. This view is one of the things I missed the most when I was in Turkey. It was great to drive and just take it in.

That night Kaiti came over to the house. We had a little taste of Turkey. I made manti. It wasn't as good as the manti house, but I thought it was a good first try. I brought some dried manti with me to America. Still need to work on the sauce...

No comments: