Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Summer of Weddings

This summer I was busy with wedding stuff every weekend for a month. I had four weddings in a row to attend. It started with my brother. Courtney & Tina got married on my grandparents' farm. It was a small but very nice ceremony. I can definitely see the appeal of a small family wedding. You actually have time to talk to everyone at your reception!

Then my friend Sarah from church got married. Sarah also served in Turkey for a time, but she's been attending seminary, where she met her husband, Chris. It was the typical big church wedding. And it was obvious they desire to serve the Lord together. I was very excited that I was able to wear the same dress to all these events since no one other than my parents or Kristina were going to attend more than one of the weddings.

Following Sarah's wedding I attended the wedding of Arlene & Mark. Arlene is my best friend from my college days. We were neighbors as freshman at ECU. Over the years we have traveled a lot together. We've been to Nashville, Chicago and even England. Mark is a great guy and I'm so happy for her. My parents went with me to NC for the wedding since my dad was officiating. As a bonus we even got eastern NC BBQ for the wedding rehearsal!

Then came Chad & Mandy. They actually got married a few weeks earlier in Wisconsin. I had just returned from Turkey and was unable to go. They had a local wedding reception the weekend after Arlene's wedding and I was eating wedding cake once again! Chad is a good friend from church. Mandy & Chad met serving together in Mississippi.

I'm very happy for all my friends and family who have recently wed, but I'm glad to take a little break! I do have another friend getting married in November, however since the wedding is in Texas I don't believe I'm going to be able to make it. I know that Jalah & Clay, who both served in Turkey, will be very happy together.

No comments: