Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Always an Adventure...

Panaches - a fresh fruit drink

A simple shopping trip, what could happen? I think the better question is what fun stories will I get as a result of this shopping trip? Recently myself and two friends decided to go shopping basically in the downtown area. There are some nice European shops, but also a more Moroccan shopping experience in another section. The last time I shopped in this area the car got towed. We successfully found a reliable parking spot and then proceeded to walk around. After lunch at a pizza place, we found lots of sales at the European stores, as it is the end of the season.

I really wanted to go back to a few shops that I had been to before in the Moroccan section. Since it's important to dress modestly, I was looking for a new top that would fit the current weather. I found a few in a window that I liked, so we stepped into the small closet of a shop to see if he had my size. He was happy to look for me and then insisted I try them on. This picture does not begin to do justice to what happened, but once I came out from the changing corner, he proceeded to straighten my shoulders, push me to stand up straight, tie the knot in the back of the shirt and pull my shirt down to make it look right. My friends were laughing hysterically and I was so shocked and rather amused that I couldn't really shame him. I did actually purchase this top, but I wouldn't let him talk me into two more.   

No comments: