Thursday, February 10, 2011

For the love of the game

If you know me or my family, you know that we are Duke Blue Devil fans.  And the most wonderful time of the year is when ACC basketball season is in session.  Even in Turkey I watched the games from afar, following my favorite team http://cgdelong.blogspot.com/2009/03/acc-tourney.html  One of the things I really enjoyed about being home last year was being able to watch games and experience March Madness.

Last night Duke played their great rival, UNC.  [I'm ABC - anybody but Carolina!] Carolina had a rough year last year and they are still rebuilding this year, however, they've really stepped it up in their last few games, and they definitely came to Durham ready to play last night.  ESPN said last night that in the last four years Duke has been 61 - 2 at home, those two losses were to UNC.  I got up at 2:20 am to watch the game.  Man it was early!  But it was totally worth it!  Duke had a rough 1st half, but they came back and won.  It was a great game.  I decided the two hours of sleep I lost last night are a small price to pay for a year's worth of bragging rights. 

No comments: