I was looking back over my Italy post and realized they were a few things that really stood out to me while I was in Italy. These are things I've noticed in other European cities and in America that you just don't see in Turkey. For example, blonds, children in strollers, frequent trash cans on the sides of streets, and people walking and eating/drinking.
One of the things that really stood out to me in Italy though was the number of people with naturally curly hair. It was everywhere! Jenna actually got really tired of me pointing it out, even when I stopped doing it aloud, I was still noting it in my head. I have naturally curly hair and among other things, it is one of the things that definitely makes me stand out in Turkey. Yes there are women with naturally curly hair here, but most straighten their hair. It was just so refreshing to be somewhere where I felt normal and got to see other people who looked a lot like me, at least hair style wise.

No comments:
Post a Comment