Saturday, May 23, 2009

Post #201

This is my 201st post. Hard to believe that I've been blogging for four years now. I'm so glad I started doing this because I can look back and I have a journal of my life in Turkey. It's also fun to look back at the same month over the past four years and see what I was writing about, often the same topic, but hopefully through fresh eyes.

Overwhelmed, that is the word that has been filling my mind lately. Overwhelmed, that's how I felt coming into harbor at Fethiye. As I saw the ruins of an old castle with a Turkish flag waving on the top of a hill and just looking at the beauty that surrounded me, I was overwhelmed.

I have had an amazing journey here the past four years. I have been overwhelmed by the beauty of this country, the places I've visited and people I've meet, the friendships that I have made. I can never fully describe how blessed I've been by my students. I'm overwhelmed by the love my students have for me, the way they look up to me. I'm overwhelmed by the generosity my family and friends in America have shown over the past four years. I couldn't be here without them. I'm overwhelmed with what God has been teaching and showing me the past four years.

Mostly I think I'm overwhelmed at the process of saying goodbyes here and beginning my life again in America.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you as you prepare to leave and go through so many emotions and transitions! Love, Susan