This Memorial Day will be three years since my dad's accident. Three years ago I got a call on a Saturday morning that my dad had fallen 15 feet off his brother's barn and he was in a coma. Not the kind of long distance phone calls you like to get early on a Saturday morning. Memorial Day weekend has historically been bad for my family. Both of my dad's parents passed away on Memorial Day weekend (years apart).
I got on a plane five days later after things were settled here, we still had two weeks of school left (I graded exams in the hospital). Daddy's are supposed to be strong, daughters are not supposed to see their Daddy's weak. One of the hardest things for me was seeing him lying in a hospital bed like that. He was in a coma for two and a half weeks. My mom was amazing, a total rock, knowing that it was all in God's hands. My family and friends were amazing, always there for us.
And it was all in God's hand, and PTL He did a miracle. My dad has almost no complications from the accident. The doctor said it has aged him ten years, but other than that, nothing really. He gets tired more easily. I say it just made him normal. He used to go 130% at everything, now he's at a normal speed. He is a living, walking, talking miracle.

2 comments:
I realize I am over-commenting, but I just have to post again.
Precious.
Sara, you are not over-commenting, there is no such thing. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment