My first week in Casa is officially over. I flew into Casa one week ago today. It's amazing all the things I've seen and done in that time. It has been nice to use the pitiful amount of French I do know and also neat to try to learn a little Arabic and see it written everywhere. Some things are the same everywhere, like McDonald's, but it's really a whole other world here. It's been really hard not to compare everything to Turkey, and it's a natural thing that I am going to do. I'm working hard not to talk about Turkey all the time. My roommates assure me that I'm doing a pretty good job at not focusing on Turkey so much. One of the best things about this first week has been all the great people that I've met. All of the newbies are great and it seems like I'll be working with an amazing staff. When you work with great people, you can get through almost anything.
The food has been amazing; I'll write more on that later. We've been treated to real Moroccan food almost every night. What a treat! Things are definitely still a little overwhelming, but I'm doing okay. It will take a few months for things to feel "normal".


No comments:
Post a Comment