It is my sixth day in Casa and I'm tired. I am physically and emotionally tired. I had one of my worst nights of sleep ever last night, so I don't think that is helping the matter. It was crazy hot last night. We also do not have hot water. In one sense it is okay because of the heat you don't want a super hot shower, on the other hand, you don't want a totally cold shower and we still need to wash dishes. I've only had hot water two of my six days here. Getting it fixed is more of a process than I first realized. I think my bad luck with water heaters has followed me from Turkey!
After orientation this morning we took a trip to the grocery store. I did enjoy my lunch at McDonald's, one of the only restaurants open for lunch during Ramadan. After lunch though, I was completely overwhelmed in the grocery store. The store was insanely busy because it is Ramadan. The combination of the heat, lack of sleep and a store that was like the day after Thanksgiving just put me over the edge. It happens to the best of us, and tonight it is happening to me. They are giving us so much information, and I can't process it all right now. I will be okay, I just need a little time to process everything. Tonight I think the reality of where I am and what life is going to be like is really sinking in. I would appreciate your prayers.

1 comment:
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
Post a Comment