Saturday, August 06, 2011

Growing Up

This weekend I am heading back to Casablanca. I should already be there in order to help with orientation, but I had to do something really important before I could go back to Morocco; I had to go to a wedding. There were lots of students that I was close to in Turkey, those relationships are so precious to me. Becca and I had one of those awesome relationships.  I saw so much of myself in Becca, yet also saw a young lady who had such spirit, maturity and such beauty. Her laughter has a way of lighting up a room, and I have been privileged to see her grow into an amazing young woman who tomorrow will marry a wonderful young man. She adapted to life in America with courage and strength and it's been beautiful to see her grow in her relationship with Christ. I am so proud of her and the woman that she is becoming and I am excited for her as she begins this new stage of her life with David.  

No comments: