
This past Friday was our first annual Fall Carnival. I am co-sponsor of the Student Council with Beth (my roomate). The students did a great job of getting everything together. [The scary thought is Beth is taking furlough next year, so that leaves me in charge!] I was at school from 7:30 am to 9:30 pm. It was a long day! Fun, but long.
Each grade was responsible for setting up a booth. My homeroom (11th and 12th grade) did the Spooky House. It was a huge hit! So was the Fear Factor that the 9th and 10th grade did. We also had an international cafe. Families donated teas, coffees and food from their various countries. That's where I spent most of my time. I don't have many pictures from the night because we were so busy. The only break I got from the cafe was when I worked the door at the Spooky House for a half an hour and when I had my turn in the sponge toss booth. The kids got to throw wet sponges at the teachers.
We also had a silent auction. One of the mothers donated several goodie boxes very highly desired by American families. There was a breakfast box with doughnuts and bacon. A kid's favorites with oreoes and goldfish. A ham. And the box that Beth and I won, the Thanksgiving goodies with stuffing and pumpking pie mix. (These are all things that you can't get in Turkey.)
It was a good night. Everyone really enjoyed themselves. I've posted some pictures of my students on photobucket.

No comments:
Post a Comment