Exciting news - the Turkish government has lowered the fee on packages. It's no longer 25 lira per package, it's back down to 1 lira! I was very pleasantly surprised when I went this past Monday to pick up a package (one that was sent in September) and I only had to pay 1 lira. I told Jenna, "let's leave before they change their mind!" But come to find out they've lowered the rate again. It's always an interesting experience going to the post office here. They always think I'm crazy when I want so many stamps. And each time I go, the overseas rate keeps getting cheaper. I'm not sure they always know exactly what's going on. But if I'm saving money, I'm not complaining! :)
So feel free to send bigger pacakges, just make sure that you just address it to Oasis International School and put my name somewhere near the sender's address. See a previous blog on how to address mail.

No comments:
Post a Comment